Happy Easter! Spring is finally here and after the long weekend I’m feeling refreshed and relaxed. I’m ready get summer ready and refocus on my health and wellbeing (especially after indulging in a few too many Easter eggs).
Breakfasts can be one of the trickiest meals to keep healthy, especially if you’re a busy mum, working full time or studying and need to be out of the door quickly in the morning. Smoothies have changed my life when it comes to having a fast, nutrient packed breakfast with minimal clean up.
One of my favourite breakfast smoothies is this blueberry, spinach, banana and Acai superfood smoothie, which is packed with antioxidants, potassium and iron. It takes five minutes to make and is a delicious and healthy start to the day.
Get your free printable recipe here.
Here are some time saving tips for your smoothie preparation:
- At the start of the week prepare individual bags with daily servings of your banana, blueberries and any other fruit and freeze. Not only will this prevent waste and save time, but the frozen fruit will make your smoothie chilled and creamy.
- Your smoothie can be made the night before. Just fill an airtight jar or container right to the brim to prevent it from oxidising and keep it in the fridge overnight. Shake well in the morning before drinking.
- Store your rolled oats, superfood supplements, nuts and any other dried goods in airtight jars in a dark place for freshness and easy access.
- Don’t be scared to add more spinach, replace it with kale or use a mixture of both – just make sure you use a high speed blender, particularly with kale.
- For added natural sweetness use pineapple, stevia, dates, honey or agave syrup.
Do you have any time saving tips or favourite smoothie recipes? I’d love to hear in the comments below.